My teaching has been recognized by the SoSS UoM Leadership as having obtained an outstanding result – as I teach several of the “highest [rated courses] in the School.” To this end, in 2017 I was awarded the Political Studies Association National Sir Bernard Crick Award for Outstanding Teaching. I was also twice nominated as Most Inspirational Lecturer, by my students.
CURRENT UNDERGRADUATE COURSES
POLI30921/2 Comparative Protest Politics: When People Vote With Their Feet, Politics Department, University of Manchester. [Convener, rested until 2022 due to buyout]
CURRENT GRADUATE COURSES
POLI70951 People, Parties, Politics, Power: Comparative Democratization in EE & LA, Politics Department, University of Manchester. [Convener, rested until 2022 due to buyout]
PAST UNDERGRADUATE COURSES
2014-2019 POLI20901/2 How To Conduct Politics Research, Politics Department, University of Manchester. [Convener]
2007-2014 POLS 200, Comparative Government, DPIR, University of Oxford, UK.
2007-2014 Tutorial College Instruction, University of Oxford, UK.
- 100- Introduction to Politics
- 201- Comparative Government
- 207- Russian Government and Politics
- 209- Politics in Latin America
- 228- The Politics of the European Union
- International Relations of the EU [own syllabus]
- Politics and Economic Development [own syllabus]
- Political Economy of EE Transition [own syllabus]
- East European Comparative Politics [own syllabus]
- Latin American Comparative Politics [own syllabus]
- Global Finance of Development [own syllabus]
PAST GRADUATE COURSES
2010-2011 ERE 1195H-S Social Mobilisation in Ukraine and Eastern Europe: The Making of Civil Society, CERES, Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, University of Toronto. [Convener]