Recent Events and Invited Lectures (not including conference paper presentations)
- Invited Lecture:
#6 Myths Of The Ukrainian Crisis: 50 Shades Of Conflict And Crisis. Department of International Relations, LSE, December 7, 2015. Digital recording.
- Invited Lecture: “The Real Revolution in 2014 Ukraine: Protest Participation and Perceptions across Linguistic, Ethnic and Regional Identities” Russian Institute, Kings College, London, UK. November 2, 2015.
- Invited Lecture: “Mapping Mass Mobilization,” Key Note Lecture, Book Presentation, Ukraine Platform Conference, SSEES, UCL, June 5, 2015.
- Book Launch Presentation: “Mapping Mass Mobilization,” Book Presentation, Knyharniya Ye, Що таке масова мобілізація? І як її розуміти? (Київ), April 4, 2015. Kyiv, Ukraine. (Discussant: Mykola Riabchuk, Also presenting Lesia Khomenko – with support of Roman Tsupryk and Knyharniya Ye, the Canadian Embassy in Ukraine and Bohdan Batruch).
- Book Launch Presentation: “Mapping Mass Mobilization,” Book Launch, Petro Jacyk Program, CERES, Munk Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, April 6, 2015.
- Speaker: “Mapping Mass Mobilization,” Book Panel, ASN Annual Convention, Harriman Institute, Columbia University, March 25, 2015 (Discussants: Mark Beissinger, Alexandra Hrycak, Paul D’Anieri, Oxana Shevel, Chair: Nadiya Kravets).
- Workshop Presenter (with Gwendolyn Sasse): “Ukraine 2014 and post-post-Cold War Europe,” Park House, University of Birmingham, March 23, 2015.
- Invited Lecture: “Who Protests?: Evidence from Euromaidan,” Conflict Research Group, LSE, March 11, 2015 19.00-21.00 Thai Theatre (NAB), London, UK.
- Key Note Session Chair and Speaker: “Understanding and Investigating Mass Mobilization During Revolutionary Moments,” Power of The People Conference, St. Antony’s and St. Johns College, SEESOX, University of Oxford, February 27, 2015.
- Discussant: screening of documentary ‘All Things Ablaze,’ Frontline Club, London, UK, February 6, 2015.
- Speaker: Protest and Election in Ukraine: Public Opinion in Times of Crisis (First Analysis of Ukrainian Crisis Election Survey) George Washington University, Eliot School of International Affairs, January 20-21, 2015.
- Speaker: Ukraine Post-Elections Event, UK Houses of Parliament (by invitation of John Whittingdale OBE MP, The British-Ukraine All-Party Parliamentary Group, The Henry Jackson Society and Ukraine Crisis Media Centre), October 28, 2014.
- Workshop (Presenter): “Social Media v. Social Networks as Explanatory Variables of the EuroMaidan Mobilization” Comparative Workshop on Mass Protests, LSE IDEAS, LSE, London, June 13-14, 2014.
- Invited Lecture: Rights Repression and Revolution: A Tale of Two Countries – Ukraine and Venezuela, HURI, Carr Centre for Human Rights Policy & David Rockefeller Centre for Latin American Studies, Harvard University. April 16, 2014.
- Webinar presenter: “Ukrainian Struggle Explained: The Maidan Revolution, Resistance to Military Intervention and Citizens’ Organizing“ ICNC Webinar April 9, 2014 at 12:00 Live from D.C.
- Invited Lecture: Why is Kyiv Burning? The Turn to Violence in Ukraine’s Protest Movement and Its Political and Geostrategic Implications: Department of Government, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Ukrainian Research Institute, Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies, Harvard University. February 24, 2014.
- Invited Lecture: Islands of Contention: Understanding Social Mobilization Networks in Ukraine, HURI, Harvard University, Spring term 2014.
- Invited Lecture: Activists to Interlocutors: What Happened to Polish Journalists, Polish Studies Seminar Series in Oxford, European Institute, St. Antony’s College, University of Oxford, January 22nd 2014, 17:00.
The below list does not include conference paper presentations.
- Seminar (Convener): Qualitative & Field-Work Based Research Methods Seminar, (click on link) Nuffield College, Michaelmas 2013 & Hillary 2014, Mondays, 17:00 -18:30.
- Seminar (Convener): Oxford Social Mobilisation Seminar, Nuffield College, Michaelmas 2013, Hillary 2014 & Trinity 2014, Thursdays, 17:00 -18:30.
- Seminar (Convener): Politics and Sociology Post-Doctoral Seminar,Nuffield College, Michaelmas 2013, Hillary 2014 & Trinity 2014, Tuesdays, 13:00 – 14:00.
- Workshop (Organizer/Presenter): Protest and Elections Workshop: Understanding Dynamic Political Behaviour in Comparative Perspective, Nuffield College, Jun 16th- 19th 2013.
- Workshop (Organizer/Presenter): Protest Politics Workshop, (click on link) Nuffield College, May 26-29th 2013.
- Symposium (Organizer/Presenter): Oxford University Symposium on Social Mobilization, (click on link), St. Antony’s College, June 7th 2013. (Organized with Professor William Bienart)
- Workshop (Organizer/Presenter): “Comparing ‘East’ and ‘South’” Series, University of Toronto, CERES, Munk School of Global Affairs, Toronto, Canada. Presenter: “Electoral Populism in Latin America and Eastern Europe”, 10/2010
- Conference (Organizer/Presenter): ‘Revolutionary Moments’, NaUKMA, Kyiv, Ukraine, 11/2009 Conference (Organizer/Presenter): “EU-Ukraine: Neighbours or Members”, St.Antony’s College, 06/2008. Conference (Organizer): “EU-Ukraine: Neighbours or Members”, NaUKMA, Kyiv Ukraine, 11/2008.
Past Invited Lectures
- Mass-Mobilization and the Motivations of Ordinary People Who Join in: When Rights Matter More than Money, DPIR, University of Oxford, December 2nd 2013, 12:30.
- What Motivates People to join-in?: Comparing Mass-Protest in LA and EE, (click on link), Politics Colloquium, DPIR, University of Oxford, November 25th 2013, 12:30.
- Mass-Mobilization and the Motivations of Ordinary People Who Join in: When Rights Matter More than Money, School of Politics and IR, University of Nottingham, November 20th 2013, 16:30.
- Regions and Islands of Social Mobilization: the Making of a Civil Society in Ukraine,(click on link) Russian And Eurasian Studies Centre Seminar, Post-Soviet Politics Seminar, Nissan Lecture Theatre, St. Antony’s College, October 21st 2013, 17:00.
- Moments and Movements, George Washington University, 01/2013.
- Moments and Movements, HURI & Davies Centre, University of Harvard, 05/2012.
- Development and Democracy: Moments and Movements, Columbia University, 05/2012.
- Contemporary History of Ukrainian Engagement, Cambridge University, 12/2011.
- Contemporary History of Ukrainian Engagement, University of Toronto, 05/2011.
- Comparative Democratization Workshop, Nuffield College, Oxford 10/2010.
Past Key Note Address
- Contemporary History of Ukrainian Engagement, European Studies Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine, 06/2011.
- Contemporary History of Ukrainian Engagement, KUMF, Toronto, Canada 05/2011.
- Development and Democracy: Moments and Movements, International Development Conference, Queen’s University, Kingston, Canada, 04/2011.